Poopies, star of ‘Jackass Forever’ – aka Sean McInerney – won the trophy for best kiss on Sunday during the MTV Film and Television Awards. Then he capped it off by kissing a 17ft python on stage for the live audience.
“It’s a little weird here accepting this award alone,” Poopies said before a team brought the giant snake onto the stage. “But now that I’m a big movie star, me and the snake broke up and found new love. So let’s get her out.”
Fike had been nominated for two categories at the awards show but the Napoli native was left out of both. Her TV show “Euphoria,” however, took home the awards with four wins, including best show, best fight, and best performance in a show (for Fike’s “Euphoria” co-star, Zendaya).
“Thank you to all the fans who showed ‘Euphoria’ so much love,” Zendaya said in a pre-recorded video on Sunday. “The show means so much to us, and we’re so honored that it means so much to you.”
Fike on Fallon:Will Elliot be in season 3 of Euphoria? ‘Absolutely.’
Fike, 26, was also nominated for Best Song for “Euphoria”‘s “Little Star” (aka “Elliot’s Song”), written by “Euphoria” co-star Zendaya and show composer Labrinth. He lost the award to Jennifer Lopez.
Fike portrayed laid-back, guitar-playing Elliot in season two of “Euphoria.” He was part of a love triangle with “Euphoria” characters Rue and Jules, played by Zendaya and Schafer (who Fike recently confirmed he was dating in real life).
He says it was “crazy” working with Zendaya and Schafer.
“When I first met them, I had no idea how much I would see them on set,” he said. told The News-Press and the Naples Daily News in February. “So I took that as a big deal. And then I was seeing them EVERY DAY. And then I realized, ‘Oh, I’m going to see you a lot!'”
Fike has confirmed that his character, Elliott, will return next season on “Euphoria.”
The MTV Movie & TV Awards aired live Sunday from the Barker Hangar in Los Angeles. Fike was not present, according to a publicist.
Here’s how Fike and the rest of the “Euphoria” cast fared at the awards show hosted by Vanessa Hudgens:
- “Euphoria” (WINNER)
- “Inventing Anna”
- “Squid Game”
- “Ted Lasso”
- “Yellow Stone”
Best Performance in a Show
- Amanda Seyfried, “The Stall”
- Kelly Reilly, “Yellowstone”
- Lily James, “Pam and Tommy”
- Sydney Sweeney, “Euphoria”
- Zendaya, “Euphoria” (WINNER)
- Hunter Schafer and Dominic Fike, “Euphoria”
- Lily Collins & Lucien Laviscount, “Emily in Paris”
- Poopies and the Snake, “Jackass Forever” (WINNER)
- Robert Pattinson and Zoë Kravitz, “The Batman”
- Tom Holland and Zendaya, “Spider-Man: No Coming Home”
- Black Widow vs. Widows, “Black Widow”
- Cassie vs. Maddy, “Euphoria” (WINNER)
- Guy vs. Guy, “Free Guy”
- Shang-Chi Bus Fight, “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”
- Spider-Men End Battle, “Spider-Man: No Way Home”
Here for the connection
- “Euphoria” (WINNER)
- “I have never”
- “Pam & Tommy”
- “The Sex Life of College Girls”
- “Here I Am (Singing My Way Home)” (Jennifer Hudson, “Respect”)
- “Just Look Up” (Ariana Grande & Kid Cudi, “Don’t Look Up”)
- “Little Star” (Dominic Fike, “Euphoria”)
- “On My Way (Marry Me)” (Jennifer Lopez, “Marry Me”) (WINNER)
- “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” (Cast, “Encanto”)
Fike was born and raised in Naples, and his mother and brother still live there. The rapper/singer’s fame has grown steadily over the past four years, starting with the hit song “3 Nights,” which racked up 722 million streams on Spotify.
He signed with Columbia Records in 2018 for a $4 million deal, moved to Los Angeles, released his debut album in 2020, and launched an acting career.
His fame has skyrocketed since his debut on “Euphoria.” His Instagram account now has 3.7 million subscribers, up from 500,000 in 2020.
— USA Today contributed to this article.
Connect with this reporter: Charles Runnells is an arts and entertainment reporter for The News-Press and the Naples Daily News. Email him at [email protected] or connect on Facebook (facebook.com/charles.runnells.7), Twitter (@charlesrunnells) and Instagram (@crunnells1).