I’ve been talking about it ever since I moved to Amarillo. It’s hard to believe in a city of this size, we don’t have a single place that hosts the Rocky Horror Picture Show on Halloween every year. Except for this year.
Rocky Horror Picture Show Interactive Visualization in Amarillo
This is the best part. It’s not just a projection, it’s also interactive. If you’ve never been to the Rocky Horror Picture Show at a screening, this is an experience you won’t forget. There are plenty of opportunities for you to be a part of the show from your own seat.
What props do you need for Rocky Horror Picture Show
The list is pretty straightforward, and directions on when to use them are built into the movie.
You will need:
- Rice – To throw at the newlyweds at the start of the movie
- Confetti – For when Transylvanians throw confetti after “I Can Make You A Man”
- Diary – For when it rains on Brad and Janet. Hint: it will also be for you because …
- Water gun – To help simulate rain
- Flashlight – To be used during “There is a light”
- Rubber Glove – So you can take yours with Frank for the “Creation Speech”
- Toast – For when Frank goes toast
- Bell – For when Frank sings “Did you hear a bell ring” during “Planet Schmanet / Wise Up …”
- Noisemakers – For after “The Speech of Creation”
- Party Hat – For when Frank puts one on for dinner
- Cards – For when Frank sings “Cards for grief. Cards for pain.”
- Toilet Paper Roll – For When You Hear “Great Scott!”
Where is the sighting of Amarillo Rocky Horror
The viewing will take place in Caliche on October 29. Here’s what you need to know:
- Where: Caliche SW 7th Ave, Amarillo
- When: October 29, 7:30 p.m.
- Supplied accessories
- Costumes encouraged
- Suggested donation of $ 5
Hope I can get by for this one. Rocky Horror is one of my 5 favorite movies of all time. I love going to the viewings, and if we can’t have a regular midnight screening somewhere, I’m more than happy we’re having a Halloween this year.
Keep in mind that interactions can vary from place to place. Some places may not want to clean the rice so they give you bubbles. Follow the rules and use the supplied accessories.
36 celebrities you might meet in Texas
Many celebrities have made Texas their home. Some were born here and others decided to move recently during the 2020 pandemic. These are just a few of the musicians, actors, athletes and other public figures who all inhabit the great Lone Star State.